- All of us here at La Jolla Independent would like to wish our awesome customer and good friend Steve Johnson a happy birthday! 2012-05-04
- 3.0cs stainless down-pipes are in!! $299 per set. Great replacement for the less than desirable factory ones and... http://t.co/UkNsW8gW 2012-03-13
- SPRING SPECIAL - 15% off all cooling packs! From now until the end of June. Avoid an overheating episode like... http://t.co/tdH5WNMM 2012-03-13
- Just picked up a customer's custom E30 M3 Convertible in Solana Beach today for a quick clean up so he can take... http://t.co/IPWPT5lq 2012-02-06
- We will be closed this Saturday 2/4/2012 but will be open the following Saturday. Have a great week and better weekend! 2012-01-31
- More updates...
We specialize in the restoration of all post-war BMW models ranging from the tiny eye-catching Isetta up to the latest classics on the scene, such as the 5 and 6 series of the eighties.
Our goal is produce a classic BMW, boasting mechanical reliability and performance, while preserving the visible beauty that all BMWs possess. For each project, we can offer a detailed course of action that will get you the most bang for your buck, while setting a distinct plan for the future of your BMW.
BMW 3.0cs Restorations
One of our most common and popular restoration projects is the BMW 3.0cs, more commonly known as the Coupé. A cult classic among BMW owners and enthusiasts world wide, these cars embody the majestic performance that BMW is so well known for. Made famous from its days as an unbeatable race car in the hands of Hans Stuck, these cars are eye catchers when they gleam and shine and start up without a hitch.
A common complaint of Coupé owners is rough starting when cold due to the nature of the original carburetor style fuel delivery system found on the E9’s 3 liter engine. One of our favorite and most popular upgrades during the restoration process is the installation of a late style M30 3.5 liter engine upgraded to a Motronic 1.3 fuel injection system that utilizes the original 3.0csi injection manifold to maintain the original look of the engine bay. This system is a perfect compliment as it adds the reliability of an early nineties BMW engine but keeps the ’stock’ look of the E9 injected car, all the while adding another half liter of engine displacement. A few options are available to increase the performance of this setup including a MAF (Mass Air Flow) conversion that eliminates the heavy and restrictive air mass meter by replacing it with a later style higher flow MAF. Several customers also like the Stahl exhaust header installation which tunes the manifold for better back pressure on the exhaust ports, also increasing horsepower.
La Jolla Independent stocks all available parts for the E9 cars and our restorations receive only the highest quality materials available. Custom interiors, dashes and wood kits are all common aspects of our restorations, using only the highest of quality in rebuilding techniques.
Most importantly, we at La Jolla Independent BMW know that each restoration project is different and special in its own way, and we strive to tailor your restoration project to your specifications and points of interest. For more information and questions about your specific project, please contact us and we’ll be happy to speak with you about the specifics.